Plastic Surgery Accreditations and Qualifications
Mr Gary Kode is a highly trained Specialist Plastic Surgeon specialising in Cosmetic, General and Reconstructive Plastic Surgery with over 25 years of outstanding Plastic Surgery experience.
Mr Kode is a member of the following prestigious Plastic Surgery Societies in Australia and internationally:
- Australian Society of Plastic Surgeons (ASPS)
- Australian Society of Aesthetic Plastic Surgeons (ASAPS)
- The International Confederation for Plastic Reconstructive and Aesthetic Surgery (IPRAS)
- The International Society of Plastic Surgery (ISAPS)
- Mr Kode is a Fellow of the Royal Australian College of Surgeons (FRACS)
- Appointed Plastic Surgeon for Rotary International Surgeon (ROMAC).
Plastic Surgeon Qualifications
Under Australian law, any medical doctor can perform cosmetic surgery even a family GP. That means, it is legal for any doctor with a basic medical degree to perform surgery.
All surgical procedures carry risk, but you can reduce the chance of risk and complication by consulting a Specialist Plastic Surgeon, who is accredited by the Commonwealth Government and who is trained and qualified to perform Reconstructive and Cosmetic Surgery in accredited day surgeries, public and private hospitals. In Australia, The Royal Australian College of Surgeons is the only statutory recognised body for the training of Plastic Surgeons (FRACS). The FRACS credentials which accompany a Plastic Surgeon’s title indicate that that Surgeon is an approved Specialist Plastic Surgeon.
Specialist Plastic Surgeons have extensive surgical education and training including a minimum of 6 years medical and surgical training followed by a minimum of 6 years specialist post-graduate training. The training delivers a unique combination of high academic standard and significant clinical workload, ensuring exceptional experience and expertise.